Well hey! I made it to Greece. I am now
officially a world traveler, even if it’s only been once. The trip wasn’t too
bad, except for almost missing my flight to Athens from Toronto because of a
security breach and then the guy behind me snoring loud enough to wake up
Beethoven two hours into a ten-hour flight. But there was a cute baby boy who
kept eyeing me and my seat mate was pretty cool, so it more or less evens out I
think.
Sorry I don’t have any pictures up yet.
It’s been a long day and while I took some, they still need to be uploaded and
its too much work right now. I have Greek phrases running through my head, and
pictures of their alphabet dancing behind my eyes. I miss home already, but
we’re not doing anything yet, so I can’t complain. I’m sure it’ll lessen pretty
soon, and then I’ll be missing Greece when I get back.
I’m so excited to work though! I mean,
this is firsthand experience in my chosen field. Butterflies? Yes, like crazy!
Excited? Well, of course. I find it odd and confusing when people no longer
want to learn. I feel as if something’s missing from my life when I’m not in
the process of learning something. I want to continually be growing and to feel
stretched outside of my comfort zone. This is probably the biggest test of
that.
And seeing as how I’m doing this for
course credit, hopefully I pass and enjoy it as much as I’ve hoped I will. I’d
hate to change career plans this far in. I don’t think I’m very well suited for
business or engineering. I may have a better chance in photojournalism. Hmm…
that might mean investing in more camera gear.
The best news so far, however, involves
free beer. When one of the restaurant owners heard we were on the excavation
team, he offered us a free beer everyday we learned a new word in Greek. I call
that a swell deal. And the food was pretty awesome.
Oh and everything on my blog is showing up in Greek over here, except for what I'm writing. Go figure, eh?
No comments:
Post a Comment