Monday, August 6, 2012

Well, I'm home again. It's been just over a week since I've been back in the States and readjusting is far more difficult than I had originally imagined it would be. I got so used to no air conditioning that I'm now cold indoors. I'm sad that dinner doesn't last for two hours and that I can't walk to several restaurants with company tagging along. Most of all I miss doing something that I love everyday. It is far easier to wake up at five in the morning if it's for something you truly enjoy doing and you are willing to put up with far more inconveniences (Such as no AC, really hot weather, and instant coffee. The last one was definitely the worst.) than with work you are not fond of. Now I get up at five looking forward to my morning run (something that is now far easier after six weeks of physical labor) and freshly brewed coffee. And then I try to not look at the clock for as long as possible to avoid the thought of working somewhere that is just to get me through school. Ah, but that is being responsible, right? Working while in college to lower the amount of debt that I'll have after graduation is a financially sound idea. It definitely isn't as much fun, though.
Seeing as how I'm back home and this was meant specifically for my trip abroad, this will probably be my last post unless there are specific requests to continue on. As such, thanks for reading and following me to Greece! Γειά σας! (yia sas- good bye!)

No comments:

Post a Comment